50% OFF! August 1 to 10, 2018 Tour
pottery, bird watching and knife making
pottery and ceramics
Introduction to pottery and ceramics made by master potter Thierry. This session will include an overview of the "raku" technique.
As the workshop willl be set in one of the "most beautiful villages" of France, Belcastel, free time will be spent visiting this middle-age marvel. There are only around 100 French villages holding the competitive label "most beautiful village". And 10 of them are located in Aveyron!
- Discover the unforgettable birds, and landscapes of south Aveyron with an experienced guide. Robert, originally from U.K. will show you the best wildlife this area has to offer!
- There are five different sites with unique habitats in this UNESCO world heritage area.
The griffon vulture is an iconic bird of The "Grands Causses", successfully reintroduced in the 1980s.
It is now a common sight along with the three other European vulture species. Vultures integrate perfectly into this vast, open agro-pastoral land in South Aveyron.
Here, we are at the junction of three climatic zones: Atlantic, continental and Mediterranean. This has created a broad diversity of habitats which shelter an extraordinary array of wildlife including rare orchids, butterflies and reptiles. Plateaus, valleys, plains, gorges, forests, vertigo-inducing cliffs all hold a wealth of special birds that can be seen throughout the year. The area is particularly rich in birds of prey.
- This will be an unforgettable day, an out-of-the-ordinary experience.
You will enjoy using your "Laguiole" knife every day as it gradually acquires a patina through use.
- During the workshop, you will craft your own "Laguiole" pocket knife from start to finish. A master knife-maker will support you throughout the day.
- You don't need any experience at all. You just need to be pretty good with your hands.
conditions and price
- Bring in at least 2 friends. You have to bring your own friends as we do NOT form up groups of guests who do not know each others.
We are offering you an authentic customized VIP French experience at an amazing price! First-come, first-served.
- Price is US $2000 per person instead of US $4000!
- Tour is all-inclusive for 10 days. See our frequently asked questions for more details.
- Registration need to be made prior to March 31, 2018.
- This specific promotion applies only to this select tour, August 1 to August 10, 2018.
- Learn with Véronique how to make simple French cooking such as quiches or ratatouille or crème caramel, at Baraqueville home, your home for 10 days.
- Introduction to stained glass window making. This workshop would be provided by a professional for an additional fee.
- Introduction to illustration and graphics. Workshop provided by a professional artist for an additional fee.
CONTACT US NOW
What's included in Experience (my) France tours?
- Pick-up in Aveyron, at Rodez airport or Rodez train station.
- The accommodation at Véronique's art-déco house for the 10 days/9 nights in Baraqueville, 20 min away from Rodez. The house is truly YOUR home for 10 days as well as conveniently located at a crossroads to experience the most of the area you'll discover.
- No shared bedrooms. On the top, each bedroom has its own private en-suite full bathroom.
- Regional wines hand-picked by Véronique and/or other beverages during meals as well as wines during the wine tasting experiences.
- Private tours where planned, and according to your needs, wants and desires where permits.
- Food (all breakfasts, all lunches, and all dinners over your 10-day experience) and wine tastings where/if planned.
- Entry fees to museums, castles, exhibitions, as well as all gratuities and other planned experiences.
- Services of Véronique, your bilingual local guide/host and personal driver.
- Transportation during the tour in a comfortable air-conditioned car or van depending on the size of your own group, the one you formed with your family, friends and/or companion(s). As there's a lot to experience close-by the house, we drive an average of 120 km a day.
- A tour that will be designed at your own pace. Yes, we can spend more time wherever you'd like to. Your tour could be more or less active as well as we welcome all fitness abilities. Keep in mind, so far each single tour has been unique and entirely à-la-carte.
That's what we consider a VIP tour—without the cost—as well as a real, authentic and private French experience.
what is not included?
- Airfare or any travel expense to and from the pick-up location, Rodez.
- Lodging and/or guiding BEFORE or AFTER your tour.
- Special wines and/or beverages other than those included during meals. This restriction does not apply to the wine tasting experiences whereas included.
- Personal items purchased during your experience in Aveyron.
- Shipping of your purchases and/or associated cost(s).